Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

T is for...Teacher's Guides

I am so excited! Thanks to Jen's post at Wildflowers and Marbles, I just found out that many of the Sleeping Bear Press alphabet books that Elizabeth and friends at Serendipity got me hooked on have free PDF teacher's guides to go with them! Are these great or what? Some of them are a bit advanced for my little ones, but what great ideas for rabbit trails and older students.



These are the titles that I own, so far:


D Is for Democracy: A Citizen's Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide

M Is for Masterpiece: An Art Alphabet ~ no guide available; I wonder why

M Is for Melody: A Music Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide

P is for Passport: A World Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide

R Is for Rhyme: A Poetry Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide

S is for Story: A Writer's Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide



A few titles I don't yet own but look fabulous...


A is for America: An American Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide

B Is for Battle Cry: A Civil War Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide

B is for Bookworm: A Library Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide

G is for Galaxy: An Out of This World Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide

I Is for Idea: An Inventions Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide


L Is for Lone Star: A Texas Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide

P Is for Pilgrim: A Thanksgiving Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide


S Is For Sunshine: A Florida Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide

V Is for Venus Flytrap: A Plant Alphabet ~ Teacher's Guide



I could go on and on, but I won't! I only checked the two state books, but since they have books for all 50 states, I would assume other states have the guides, as well.

No comments: