Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nap or Get Some Work Done?

Is this not the biggest dilemma we face as moms during naptime/quiet time? Do we take a nap ourselves or do we get some work done with the children peaceful?

I have this dilemma today, and since it is Sunday, I am opting to nap (after this post). This post is really just a teaser for a future post on the lessons I have learned after skimming Sleepless in America by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka. While most of the problems she describes come from children committed to too much out of the home, I realized I am not protecting my childrens' sleep like I did in the past, and that does make a difference.

So, your homework to prepare for my post sometime later this week...make some notes on at least three days for each of your children. How long did they sleep in a 24-hour period (naps and nighttime combined), and how was their behavior for the subsequent 24-hour period? The most important part of this assignment is also to do this for yourself - how long did you sleep each day and how did you feel the next day? This is what I did this week, and I was amazed at what I saw! I will share soon.

Take a nap today! (with one or more of your children, if necessary)

No comments: