Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

On a Lighter Note...

I know I am way behind on loving this lady, but I am looking forward to watching her Thanksgiving feast on Throwdown with Bobby Flay, which I DVR'd tonight (can I say that?). Even her announcement of the show is typically hilarious! It is too late now for me to properly enjoy a cooking show, but I felt like writing a quick post to make sure all of you have savored at least one or two or seven recipes from my very first favorite cook.
The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl

Actually, I almost titled this post "How I Am Becoming My Mother," but then you would probably think I was going to post about how I speak to my children. No, in that regard, I am nothing like my mother. Her voice was always calm and gentle in my recollection.

My mother does, however, love to cook and has watched cooking shows as long as I can remember. Every once in a while, I will turn one on, but not until today have I actually looked forward to watching a cooking show in advance. Unfortunately, I admit this is resulting in near panic as I plan the menu for Thanksgiving, because my mom is coming. And she insists I do it all "my way," whatever that is!

The reason I am excited about seeing the Pioneer Woman cook? Well, besides the fact that Mrs. Drummond is absolutely hilarious and a fellow homeschooling mom, my family has liked every recipe I have tried from her cookbook. Yes, every single one. Now, I have not tried them all, because I do not actually own the cookbook. yet. Sad, isn't it? I had it from the Miami Public Library for a month, and it is currently my turn at our new local library. My daughter suggested I put it on my Christmas wish list, but adults in our family do not get gifts anymore, except for the homemade scissors-paper-glue kind, which are the best ones anyway.

Wow. It is late, and I am rambling. My point? Buy her cookbook: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl. Check it out from your local library. Visit her online. Catch the replay of Throwdown at 7PM ET this Saturday. You will love how simple she makes preparing such yummy foods, and your family will love her food!


Grace & Peace,
Antonina

No comments: