Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Blogging Thoughts


In case you were wondering, no, I did not give up blogging for Lent. I have been wanting to write something for quite a while. For a few minutes I actually felt obligated to post something about Lent. I mean, if the mission of my blog is to encourage mothers in their spiritual lives, how can I not write about the most important season of the liturgical year, right?


Fortunately, some wise women wrote a bit here and there that helped confirmed my deepest thoughts and reminded me that it is okay for my blogging to be sporadic. I have made no promises otherwise. I only want to write when I have something (I think is) meaningful to share. Some days (weeks) I just don't, and until yesterday, I had nothing. Hopefully, you understand that.


Our spiritual journeys are complex; they do not fit into a calendar of scheduled blog posts. One of my goals here is to honestly share my personal spiritual journey, as appropriate. I cannot do that with any sort of schedule, regardless of all the savvy blog gurus who say one post a day is what readers want, or the fear in my head that I will lose all of my readers if I do not post at least two to three times a week. (No, I have not received any nasty-grams from my beloved readers; this is just good old Catholic guilt rearing its ugly head.)


So, all this brings me back to my original thought. It is Lent. What will I write? Well, the Holy Spirit kicked in yesterday and sent me on a glorious rabbit trail based on the homily at Mass and helped me to focus on what I want/need my Lenten season to be this year. I cannot wait to share with you over the next few days what the Lord has placed on my heart!


No comments: