Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Anticipation Prayer

Last year, a friend led me to this beautiful traditional prayer, and it has been a simple way for me to focus on the season of Advent. It starts today!



Beginning on St. Andrew the Apostle's feast day, November 30, the following beautiful prayer is traditionally recited fifteen times a day until Christmas. This is a very meditative prayer that helps us increase our awareness of the real focus of Christmas and helps us prepare ourselves spiritually for His coming.



Hail and blessed be the hour and moment


In which the Son of God was born


Of the most pure Virgin Mary,


at midnight,


in Bethlehem,


in the piercing cold.


In that hour vouchsafe, I beseech Thee, O my God,


to hear my prayer and grant my desires,


[here mention your request]


through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ,


and of His blessed Mother.


Amen.







No comments: