Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Quick Quotes for Friday


I meant to post so much more this week! Maybe I will still get in one more post tonight or tomorrow, but for now, here are some words that have been on my mind.


1. I am absolutely overwhelmed and humbled at the same time by this quote from Margaret, so appropriate for this week's challenges.

2. These wise words from my copy of Imitation Of Christ are sticking with me due to this year's word. It is a reflection after Book III Chapter I:

"When the soul is wholly given to the senses, agitated by the passions, and entirely taken up with exterior things, it is itself incapable and unworthy of the operations of God. We should therefore resolve to think and to speak but little to creatures, and to love silence and retirement, to nourish our minds with God's presence, and our hearts with His love, and to do all for Him and in His sight, if we would become interior men, living in God, and for God, as every Christian should do who would be saved."


3. And, I'll definitely share my thoughts soon on this quote from my Blaise Pascal research:


“All of man’s misfortune comes from one thing,
which is not knowing how to sit quietly in a room.”



No comments: