Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Jesus' Questions: Day 8


I'm trying something new this Lent. My goal is to find a simple way to talk about living our faith with my children on a daily basis, outside of our (more) formal studies of Scripture and Catechism. This series is based on the questions Jesus asks within the Gospel of Matthew. I am brainstorming here some ways to discuss these passages with each of my children and am sharing with you in hopes that you and your children might be blessed by daily faith sharing. If you try this with your children, I would love to hear about your conversations in the comments!
Suddenly a violent storm came up on the sea . . . but he was asleep. They came and woke Him, saying, "Lord, save us! We are perishing!" He said to them, "Why are you terrified, O you of little faith?" Then He got up, rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. ~ Matthew 8:24-26
 
Focus ~ Sometimes life is hard, and we can get worried or scared. Our faith can rescue us from those feelings. All we have to pray is, "Jesus, I trust in You."

Littles ~ What scares you? When you are scared today, can you remember to say, "Jesus, I trust in You"?

Middles ~ How would you feel to be one of the apostles in that storm? What would you have said after Jesus calmed the storm?

Bigs ~ When have you felt like your life is a storm? How can you fully trust in Jesus to calm your storms?

Moms ~ Share about a time when you cried out to Jesus during a stormy time.

No comments: