Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Keeping It Real

This is the part in blogging where I start to wonder how transparent I should really be with my readers. I do not blog very much about schooling or my children (yet), merely because I feel pretty incompetent when it comes to such things. I try to write about the things that I see as a gift to me that I want to pass on to others.



Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE homeschooling my children (I can even see myself getting better at it day by day), AND I really do treasure and adore my children for the precious gifts they are to me, especially how they call me to a deeper faith and sanctity whether I like it or not. BUT...


Have you ever had one of those days where your throat is actually sore from screaming at your children so much? Monday, and most of Tuesday, were simply fabulous. How did I spiral so far away from balance in just one day?



Lord, I cannot get back up on my own. Help me today. Let me be a new person tomorrow.




And, now I ask you for a favor - if I ever again mention doing anything significant as a surprise for my children, specifically Therese, please, please, please talk me out of it! My highly sensitive child does not cope well with surprises. I know that. I apparently forgot for a few days. The zoo was great, a very special time together with some precious memories made, but the before and after left a lot to be desired!



***If you, too, have challenges with anger management, try reading She's Gonna Blow!: Real Help for Moms Dealing with Anger by Julie Ann Barnhill. I loved this book! Maybe I need to revisit sections of it to better cope with days like today.

No comments: