Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Message of His Holiness Benedict XVI for Lent 2007

Pope Benedict's Lenten Message

I had to throw in this extra post! Read the message at the Vatican website here. As to be expected, it's incredible in five succinct paragraphs! Thank you, Pope Benedict XVI! Thank you, Holy Spirit!

Questions for Reflection and/or Discussion

1. When is the last time I spent time in quiet meditation in front of a crucifix? How did this prayer affect me?

2. Do I recognize God's eros, His burning passion, for me His bride? How do I return this type of love to God?

3. How does Christ's dramatic action of unitive love of us by dying on the cross illustrate "that force 'that does not allow the lover to remain in himself but moves him to become one with the beloved'?" Is this force alive in my soul?

4. Does my marital love mirror "the love that unites the free gift of oneself with the impassioned desire for recipriocity?"

5. Through the Eucharist, we are in union with Christ physically and spiritually. Do we walk away changed?

6. How am I currently being called "to fight every form of contempt for life and human exploitation and to alleviate hte tragedies of loneliness and abandonment of" others?

So we know and believe the love God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. We love, because he first loved us. ~ 1 John 4: 16, 19

No comments: