Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

Jesus' Questions: Day 23


I'm trying something new this Lent. My goal is to find a simple way to talk about living our faith with my children on a daily basis, outside of our (more) formal studies of Scripture and Catechism. This series is based on the questions Jesus asks within the Gospel of Matthew. I am brainstorming here some ways to discuss these passages with each of my children and am sharing with you in hopes that you and your children might be blessed by daily faith sharing. If you try this with your children, I would love to hear about your conversations in the comments!
Thus it will be at the end of the age. The angels will go out and separate the wicked from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth. Do you understand all these things? ~ Matthew 13:49-51
 
Focus ~ There is a Heaven. There is a Hell. At the end of the world, the final judgment, everyone will end up in one place or the other. Jesus wants to make sure we understand this. We must live our lives remembering this, because we do not know the hour of this end of the age.

Littles ~ Tell me what you know about Heaven.

Middles ~ Tell me what you know about Hell.

Bigs ~ Tell me what else you know about Heaven and Hell.

Moms ~ Explain how you live each day preparing for the end of the world.

No comments: