Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Jesus' Questions: Day 19


I'm trying something new this Lent. My goal is to find a simple way to talk about living our faith with my children on a daily basis, outside of our (more) formal studies of Scripture and Catechism. This series is based on the questions Jesus asks within the Gospel of Matthew. I am brainstorming here some ways to discuss these passages with each of my children and am sharing with you in hopes that you and your children might be blessed by daily faith sharing. If you try this with your children, I would love to hear about your conversations in the comments!
How can anyone enter a strong man's house and steal his property, unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house. Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. ~ Matthew 12:29-30
 
Focus ~ We have to choose to follow Jesus or not to follow Him. He will make us strong men and women, so our souls are protected for eternal life. If we become apathetic, which means to not care, about God, we are rejecting Him and working against Him. There is no middle ground or grey area. It's black and white; either we follow Christ or reject Him.

Littles ~ Do you want to follow Jesus all of your life? Will Jesus make you strong?

Middles ~ Give an example of how you can choose today to follow Christ.

Bigs ~ Give an example of how you can choose today to follow Christ.

Moms ~ Give an example of how you can choose today to follow Christ.

No comments: