Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Jesus' Questions: Day 7


I'm trying something new this Lent. My goal is to find a simple way to talk about living our faith with my children on a daily basis, outside of our (more) formal studies of Scripture and Catechism. This series is based on the questions Jesus asks within the Gospel of Matthew. I am brainstorming here some ways to discuss these passages with each of my children and am sharing with you in hopes that you and your children might be blessed by daily faith sharing. If you try this with your children, I would love to hear about your conversations in the comments!
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will know them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? ~ Matthew 7:15
 
Focus ~ Jesus wants us to know that not everything that looks good is good. There are people who will deceive us, and we must be very cautious not to believe everything we hear or read.

Littles ~ Show me how a sheep acts. Show me how a wolf acts. Would you rather be friends with a sheep or a wolf? Why?

Middles ~ Who do you trust to tell you the truth? Why do you trust them?

Bigs ~ Who or what should you not always trust to tell the truth? How can you discover what is true and what is not?

Moms ~ Share about a time when you were lured into believing something false based on what someone said or what you read. (parenting and marriage advice perhaps)

No comments: