Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

7 Posts in 7 Days

I feel so validated that other, more seasoned bloggers, are having trouble sticking to this commitment we made to ourselves, to you. Even Jen who created the challenge has been challenged. Phew! I thought it was just because I haven't blogged in forever!

This is tough. And I think it is tough for different writers for differing reasons. I have no illusions that more than a handful of friends are reading my posts this week. I have no grand schemes to launch my blog into fame or fortune. I write, mostly for myself, to feel a part of the bigger world, the inter webs. :)

But, I do think that since God gave me the desire to write and the ability to write moderately well, there must be something I can say that at some time will bless at least one mom's heart. In fact, when I was in college, I was invited to speak to the National Association of Catholic Campus Ministers to encourage them in their ministries. My speech focused on a quote by Mother Teresa:

"We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something."

So, here I am today with no links and no pictures and barely a post at all. And I am one step closer to continuing to write, not to quit when it gets tough, because I feel that as mothers we so need moments to rejoice and suffer, seek and discover, together, wherever we may be on this long journey to holiness. 

What topics would you like to see me address in upcoming posts? (yes, I realize I am asking you to do some of my work for me!) TIA

No comments: