Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverberations 2010

Somehow I discovered Gretchen Rubin's blog The Happiness Project before I heard about her book The Happiness Project. (I'm a little slow sometimes) And, I hope to post about her ideas once I have finished reading her book (next year).

For now, let me just say that I think she is on to something that the rest of the self-help world has mostly missed. Anyway, one of the projects to which she contributes is Reverb 10.

"Reverb 10 (#reverb10) is ... an open online initiative that encourages participants to reflect on this year and manifest what’s next. It’s an opportunity to retreat and consider the reverberations of your year past, and those that you’d like to create in the year ahead. We’re connected by the belief that sharing our stories has the power to change us." (from their website)

I do not tweet, because (I hope) my writing is more reflective and impossible to communicate in 188 characters. (I even had to look up how long a tweet is just now to write that!) And, there is no way I can promise to respond to a prompt every single day, so I did not sign up to officially participate in the project.

Nevertheless, I love their prompts! I found them on December 7 and signed up to receive them in my inbox. Every one begs me to write! In the spirit of self reflection, I am going to respond to their prompts, but in batches here and there. I truly think it is vital for us as Christians, wives, and mothers to pause periodically and ask the Lord what it is he needs from us. If we do not do so, we run the risk of never reaching our potential and regretting what could have been.

Look for my first reverberations soon!

No comments: