Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Twelfth Night


It is the Twelfth Day of Christmas! I pray your holidays have been full of great joy and many graces (and not too many drummers drumming). Reality and routine are so hard for me (especially after a break), and I have been tempted to pull out my Shakespeare and read Twelfth Night all day! Shakespeare scrumptiously entertains me with this one!
(If you want to join me in reading some of the play, you can download an eBook version for free here in English, Finnish, or Catalan! You could read the children's version to your littles, which is available here. Or, you can download the complete audio play to your computer or mp3 for free here. Maybe I'll have to add the movie to my Netflix cue, too!)
Sorry for the Shakespearean divergence. Where was I? Without telling you, I took a blogging break for these twelve days, but I am itching to write again. So, I thought I would tell you what is coming up here in the next few weeks at Heart of a Mother. Here are the posts I am drafting...


My Word for 2010
(jumping on that blogging bandwagon)

Sunday Gospel Reflections
(will be back weekly)

My Journey in 2009
(including a little announcement)

Little Flowers Joy
(from our December meeting)

Prayer Pages
(inspired by a friend)

Encouragement for Grey Days
(specifically for homeschooling moms)

Young Girls' Book List
(for those advanced but innocent readers)

How to Take a Snow Day for Homeschoolers
(even if you don't get snow)


What else do you need to hear in the next few weeks or months? I know you read me (because I have one of those nifty blog counter services), but I rarely hear from any of you. I am not interested in making this blog a chatty place (more on why later), but I am always hoping to hear what you like and don't like about what you read!





May this blog be a space of comfort and inspiration to all of us on our spiritual journeys this year!

O God
Who on this day
through the guidance of a star
didst manifest
Thine Only-Begotten Son to the Gentiles;
mercifully grant
that we who know Thee now by faith,
may one day be brought
to the contemplation of the beauty of Thy majesty.
Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
Benedictine Monastic Diurnal

No comments: