Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Midyear Reflection - Day 3

Several of us are taking a brief journey here in January to prayerfully reflect on our homeschooling thus far this academic year in hopes of tweaking and improving the rest of the school year. Each weekday I am posting a few questions from this survey for us each to take to prayer and into our hearts throughout that day. By the end of January, we should all have successfully evaluated the State of Our Homeschools and begin implementing whatever changes we are inspired to make.


I encourage you to make comments below about the answers you feel comfortable sharing with others, so we can lift each other up as the Body of Christ and be vessels of inspiration via the Holy Spirit.


Today's final question from the section on Personal Spirituality is designed to help us evaluate what kind of prayer life we have and identify areas where we could stretch ourselves to grow in a more intimate relationship with God.


4. How would I describe my daily, weekly, and monthly prayer and sacramental life? (Mass, Confession, Rosary, Adoration, Spiritual Direction, etc...)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

We go to Mass on Sundays, because I cannot seem to get out the door for 8AM daily Mass and the noon Mass is very far away. I make it to Confession periodically, probably every six weeks on average. I have not been to Adoration since the summer.

The children and I pray a decade of the Rosary with other prayers every school day. I try to pray the Morning Office and/or Evening Office, but I am not consistent with this.

Otherwise, I talk to God often in my own words whenever I feel like it. I am reading Fulfillment of All Desire, finally, as spiritual reading. I would describe my prayer as hit or miss these days.

Looks like I need and want some change in this area. What about you?