Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Mysteries of the Holy Childhood

With the Birth of Jesus rapidly approaching, I enjoy meditating this week on how Christ came as a little baby, not an older boy or man. It is all too common for me to imagine Jesus during His teaching years, but I find it beautifully intimate to cultivate my relationship with the Christ Child, especially this time of year.

Years ago, I found these prayers, also called the Devout Exercise to the Infant Jesus and found them a tremendous way to reflect on and connect with the Christ Child. I am excited to be able to share these prayers with my children for the first time, because I know their relationship with the Child Jesus can be even more meaningful than mine!



24. Mysteries of the Holy Childhood
(scroll down to find #24 and then keep scrolling for the English translation)
http://www.franciscan-sfo.org/ap/rac/child.htm#24

Also, there is an indulgence tied to meditating on these prayers on the 25th of each month!

No comments: